lip lip lip lip lip lip STICK (collection)


I LOVE lipsticks, they are hands down my favourite beauty product. I love how they perk up anyone's face, compliment any look and show off your own personality through the colours that you choose to wear.

It would be impossible to go through every lipstick, not to mention a 500 year long blog post, so, i thought i would mention my favourite five that i own (in no order). Here we go...

1. Tanya Burr Lip Gloss in shade- Picnic in the park. £6.99


This is the first lip gloss i had ever bought, yes. I wanted to get into lip gloss when i bought this because i love how the finish looks and i thought how better to experiment with lip gloss than try one of my favourite youtuber's own cosmetic line.

My thoughts-
This gloss has converted me into the land of gloss. It's not at all sticky on the lips yet lasts super well. The pigmentation is AWESOME! I never thought glosses could be so pigmented before trying this beaut. I picked this colour because c'mon look at it... it's gorgeous. What girl doesn't want too many pinks in their life? The packaging is also nice, the applicator is just big enough to give a good coat on the lips, yet small enough to get into those hard to reach places, AND picks up the perfect amount of product, WOOHOO (a problem i have with most liquid lipsticks).


2. Yves Saint Laurent Babydoll Kiss & Blush in shade- 09 Rose Épicurien. £27



My thoughts-
This was a recent purchase and it immediately made it's way to the top of my favourite lipsticks.
This stuff is FREAKING AMAZING. Literally, this feels like you are putting velvety goodness all over your lips. Not drying what-so-ever and smooth gorgeous finish. The colour is so so so so perfect, i am in love with it. To someone else, it may just look like an ordinary pink but i think it looks so unique, it is very muted and almost a mauve shade on the lips.
The packaging is YSL so of course it deserves a round of applause- luxury.

HOWEVER- This is a product also intended for the cheeks but i would only recommend for the lips (patchy patchy patchy).



3. Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet lipstick in the shade- Peach Club. £8.99



This is without doubt one of my favourite finds of 2014 so far. The formula of these liquid lipsticks are just... amaz... i have no words.

(pink pong is next on my list... shh)

My thoughts-
This is literally EVERYTHING you could wish for in a liquid lipstick. Smooths over chapped lips, extremely pigmented, non-existent drying and completely and flawlessly long lasting. The colour i bought is named 'peach club' but it's definitely a red on me, but a perfect red with a very slight hint of peach. I was expecting a dark peachy/orange shade but as i applied i fell IN LOVE with the colour and it is now probably my favourite red lipstick shade, colour and formula. AH can you tell i love this product yet?

(Believe me or not but in person it's even brighter and redder than this picture)


4. Chanel Rouge Coco hydrating lip colour in the shade- 61 Chéri. £25




I recently published a blog post on why i love this lipstick so much. Simply because it's my idea of the perfect nude shade.
Read the blog post here.



5. Rimmel Kate Moss lasting finish lipstick in the shade-16. £5.49


As you can see from the picture above i have a lot of love for this lipstick and as soon as it runs out i'm going to have to get some more.

My thoughts-
This is a don't-know-what-lipstick-to-wear-but-i'll-throw-this-one-on kind of lipstick. It perks up a dull makeup look instantly. I love wearing this one when i'm wearing minimal makeup. It gives the perfect pop of wearable pink without it looking to barbie. Blended into the lips looks amazing for a subtle tint. I love love love the formula- creamy and long lasting. It reminds me a lot of the MAC lipsticks when concerning formula.

Just look at it on the lips... love.




As you can probably tell i love my pinks, peaches and reds. Lipstick is just the queen of beauty products and i think most people would agree dearly with me. I loved making this post.

Love,

Kate xox

1 comment: