Vous parlez Français ?



I am no where near (at all) a fluent French speaker but i would so love to be. I find it so fascinating when people speak another language... or even speak more than one, how?! Not to mention how attractive it is (Bradley Cooper speaking French).

The past year in my first year at college, i decided to study French and to be honest, i hated it. I hated it because i thought i couldn't do it (supposedly) and i just got very frustrated with it. Verbs, adjectives, past tense, present tense all didn't make sense to me so i really just gave up.
However in the past 2 months i've learned that i LOVE French. I like learning about it and gaining language knowledge, do i really expect to become fluent in a day? Learning a language is a very lengthy process that takes time and time is what i am putting in.

YOUTUBE- I love youtubers, so why don't i join the two? Youtube + French = French youtubers. I've found some amazing French youtubers and it definitely is a good way of improving your listening skills while enjoying it as you learn.

BLOGS (Of course)- French bloggers are great to improve reading skills, i like to take time everyday to fully translate a French blog post and if it's on something which i love (beauty) then it's a win win.

MEDIA (magazines, films)- Also great to improve reading and listening skills which will later improve writing skills. Even with English subtitles, you're still getting in as much French as possible. I would watch with French subtitles but i don't think my brain will concentrate for the length of a whole film and i most likely won't know what's going on (goals for the future).

That's the beauty about learning a language, once you get all the grammar out of the way it's up to you how you pick up French accents, phrases and let your brain familiarise itself with the language as much as possible.

LIFE LESSON- why give up on something that you love to do just because you're not the best?

This is a slightly random post but i do want to write about my life and my other interests rather than beauty. And i hope if anyone reads this that you are inspired to learn another language because it really is amazing and rewarding.

P.S. I love people who push you to do things that they know you love even when you don't.

Love,

Kate xox

No comments:

Post a Comment